As promised, today I'm bringing to you a recipe for the pecan pie that I made yesterday for my family's Christmas party. It was such a hit that I had to post the recipe for you all to enjoy if you care to make it (it's incredibly easy.) Plus, I got the recipe from my step-grandmother, a lovely southern woman who makes the best pies and cakes - so let that add to your decision about whether or not you want to try this!
Nana's Pecan Pie Recipe
Prep time - about 15 minutes
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light Karo syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 tbs flour
- 3 tbs milk
- 1 cup pecans - partially chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pie crust - I used Pillsbury's frozen crust that you can just roll out
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. I suggest you put the butter and the pecans in last (in that order.)
- Unroll the pie crust and pour the inside the ingredients from the bowl
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes
- Let cool and then enjoy!