Monday, December 3, 2012

Nana's Pecan Pie Recipe

As promised, today I'm bringing to you a recipe for the pecan pie that I made yesterday for my family's Christmas party.  It was such a hit that I had to post the recipe for you all to enjoy if you care to make it (it's incredibly easy.)  Plus, I got the recipe from my step-grandmother, a lovely southern woman who makes the best pies and cakes - so let that add to your decision about whether or not you want to try this!



Nana's Pecan Pie Recipe

Prep time - about 15 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 1 stick of melted butter
  • 1 cup of light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup light Karo syrup
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 3 tbs flour
  • 3 tbs milk
  • 1 cup pecans - partially chopped
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 pie crust - I used Pillsbury's frozen crust that you can just roll out 
Instructions:
  • Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.  I suggest you put the butter and the pecans in last (in that order.) 
  • Unroll the pie crust and pour the inside the ingredients from the bowl
  • Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes
  • Let cool and then enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment