Friday, October 26, 2012

Fashion Inspiration of the Month - Lena Dunham

So this is something completely new that I've decided to start.  I'm going to write about my inspiration choice of the month and this month, october, I choose writer/director/actor and all around lovely person - Lena Dunham
If any of you have watched the new(ish) TV show Girls, you'll know Lena for her role as the main character, Hannah.  What you may not know is that she also created the show and is involved with its direction, writing, etc.  Another one of her well-known projects is the independent film, Tiny Furniture, which I highly recommend watching.  Ms. Dunham is a well rounded up and coming star because of her talent and also her willingness to stand out in a crowd.  She was recently involved in a controversial ad for the Obama campaign, in which she compares voting for Obama to losing one's virginity.  (You can see the add and read more about it here.)  This is a great example of her personality and views that give her such an interesting reputation.


On top of being a talented and outspoken individual, she's also got killer style.  I remember the
first,time I saw the post-episode talk with her on HBO and I was pleasantly surprised.  I was used to seeing her as Hannah, a cute yet disheveled twenty-something girl trying to find her way in NYC.  When the post-episode discussion with Lena started, I had to ask myself, "Wait, is that the same person? She looks gorgeous!"

Lena Dunham as Hannah in Girls 


So be on the lookout for her in Asos magazine's November shoot to see her sporting some gorgeous clothing and stay tuned for November's Fashion Inspiration of the Month.









No comments:

Post a Comment