Friday, December 21, 2012

Art by Cai Guo Qiang

"Be careful of books.  Be careful with books.  
Be careful because one can become a weapon-wielder.
Be careful because one can become the victim."  
 - Cai Guo Qiang


Today I'm writing about one of my favorite artists that I've discovered recently.  I have been doing a lot of research on installation art recently because it's something I'm interested in starting and Cai Guo Qiang was one of the first artists that I came across.  An installation artist from China but based out of New York City, his work caught me by surprise because of its originality.  His schooling at in stage design Shanghai Theater Academy unsurprisingly gives his work an awe-inspiring feel. 
























































For more, check out his website

No comments:

Post a Comment